Here at San Blas Adventures, we know the importance of looking after your mind, body and soul. That’s why we have decided to bring an exciting new element to our already amazing San Blas boat trips, with Yoga in San Blas!
With an increasing number of people becoming more conscious of their health and well-being, we decided it was high time that we came to the party, offering a healthy alternative for those looking to travel Panama Colombia or Colombia Panama. Following a growing interest in Yoga and meditation being found throughout the world, it seemed only fitting that we find a way to incorporate these highly beneficial practices into our San Blas Adventures. With this in mind, we present to you the reader our latest creation…. Yoga in San Blas!
We have the experience
With nearly ten years experience operating in San Blas, we have developed a very strong relationship with the local people, as well as a solid foundation of knowledge and operational skills. This gives us the perfect platform to build something extra special on top of our regular San Blas trips..Combine that with our love of health and wellbeing, and you’ve got yourself the perfect recipe for an all new kind of adventure!
What is the benefit of Yoga?
I’m glad you asked! The list of positive effects Yoga has on the mind and bosy is too great to cover in this article. Instead, we’ve listed the top 10 benefits of Yoga:
- Improve flexibility, strength, and posture.
- Increase your all round fitness: Yoga is an incredible way to increase your fitness levels in both strength and endurance, and what better way to do it than with Yoga in the beautiful San Blas Islands?!
- Weight loss: Struggling to burn those calories? Yoga targets every muscle and fibre in your body! This makes it perfect for losing weight and bringing shape back into your body.
- Increase your energy: Feeling a little deflated? Just a few minutes of yoga or meditation can help boost your energy levels, giving you the kick you need to get through the day.
- Reduce stress: Yoga uses controlled breathing, Meditation and Relaxation, which is an effective way to reduce both your stress levels and blood pressure.
- Breathe better: Yoga helps to expand the area around your lungs and help strengthen the lungs themselves, leading to easier and stronger breathing.
- Be happier: We all get lost in our own minds sometimes! Yoga helps us to find peace within, Which ultimately helps that peace to find its way out and increase our overall levels of happiness.
- Become more mindful: Yoga helps to shift your awareness to within, bringing your mind to the present and allowing you to be more focused and in the moment.
- Increase concentration: Focusing on your breathing and maintaining postures in Yoga will help you to fine tune your concentration skills in everyday life
- Overall longevity: With all the benefits above, it goes without saying that regular yoga practice can add years to your life!!
The bottom line is that Yoga has an absolute wealth of positive effects on the human body. Physically, mentally and spiritually. The only thing that could potentially improve it, is to take that practice and do it in paradise islands! Surrounded by stunning turquoise waters and white sand beaches.. All while making your your way from Panama to Colombia or Colombia to Panama… wait a minute…you can!
What is the actual meaning of Yoga?
The literal meaning of the Sanskrit word Yoga is ‘Yoke’. Therefore we can define yoga as a means of uniting the individual spirit with the universal spirit of God. According to Maharishi Patanjali, Yoga is the suppression of modifications of the mind.
Yoga can mean many things to many different people, and while it does have a literal translation, rather than ask “What is the actual meaning of Yoga?” it may be more beneficial to ask “What does yoga mean to me?”.
With this question in mind, you may be able to find a deeper meaning to the practise. You may find the reasons why you do it (or should start if you haven’t already!)
Yoga in the San Blas Islands
As mentioned in the beginning of this article, we are going to combine the magic of San Blas with the benefits of Yoga!
To begin with, we’ll use our regular 4 day 3 night San Blas Adventures as a base. From there, incorporating both Yoga and meditation into each day, with classes in the morning and in the evening. All of our yoga trips are led by a qualified Yoga instructor, supported by our professional team. This means you will be taken care of from the moment you start the trip!
What about the food?
On top of providing professional yoga and meditation classes, we will also have delicious fresh prepared food each day. This includes nutritious salads, proteins and a mix of local and internationally inspired dishes. We cater to all dietary restrictions! We can ensure that everyone who decides to take our trip is well fed and catered to in every way!
Kuna Culture in the San Blas
There’s a slight shift of focus for our Yoga San Blas trips, but we’ll still include all the best aspects of our regular trips. A relaxed island atmosphere, games and activities, group snorkelling, bonfires and music, but most importantly the cultural aspect.
This is one of the most important aspects of our San Blas trips. We have been working alongside the Kuna people for nearly 10 years, developing strong personal and professional relationships. Through these connections, we’re able to share their fascinating cultural and traditions with you. We are able to prove a unique insight into the lives of this completely autonomous and self sufficient indigenous tribe.
Thank you for taking the time to read this article! It’s brief, we hope that it’s given you some insight into Yoga and where we are hoping to take it! If you’d like to know more about our upcoming yoga trips or our regular Panama Colombia or Colombia Panama trips, please contact us here. To check dates for our trips, take a look at our calendar.