Before booking and being part of this trip of a lifetime, you and everyone from your group must understand what San Blas Adventures offers. It’s a wild adventure through some of the most beautiful remote islands in the Caribbean.
There may be bad weather, rough sea, you’ll probably get wet, there will be limited privacy, bucket showers, rustic accommodations, sleeping in hammocks, engine failures, mosquito bites, sunburn… While discovering a new world anything can happen!
To make a reservation we take a deposit of $120 USD per person through our online booking system.
As we have only collected a deposit from you, and also for organization purposes, it’s very important we have contact with you and an e-mail confirmation that you will definitely be joining the trip. Just like checking in for a flight, if we do not receive confirmation by email, it’s possible that your seat(s) can be resold, so make sure you get in touch!
Please read carefully through our FAQ page and our Summertime segment. Please don't book any flights for after the trip (December to April) before reading our summertime segment & FAQ page. We recommend to allow 4-5 days after the expected trip end date for scheduling flights or commitments.Summertime… and the livin’ is breezy! “Summer” in San Blas is from December to April and means blue skies, hot days and strong winds. Due to weather conditions at this time of year there are a few things we do differently that you need to take into consideration before booking with us. Weather : During these months there is a strong wind that comes almost constantly from the north-east. This means that the sea can be rough, sometimes too rough to travel in. For the same reason, at this time of year, few sailboats travel to Cartagena as the open ocean stretch can be too rough, particularly outside Cartagena. Our trip is along the coast, mostly within the protection of islands and reefs, however there are sections where we are exposed to rough seas. We operate at this time of year with extreme caution. Safety always comes first and it’s possible we may delay or cancel a trip, before or during the trip. We will always keep you up to date and informed on sea conditions and possibility of delays or cancelation. Differences to be aware of: Voyages: Due to the winds our travel times can take longer and you’ll get wet. Delays and flights: It’s important that you do not have a flight or anything pressing at the other end. The trip could be delayed before it begins or we may have to wait a day or more on one of the islands to let weather pass (this can be a great extra experience, if you’re not in a rush, more time on the islands!). The longest we’ve been delayed in the past is 4 days. Deposit is refundable in the case of delay. Extra costs: if we do get stuck on the islands there will be an extra cost of $30 a day for food and accommodation. We suggest you bring around $150 extra money on top of the recommended amount, in case there are delays. Book early: Being high season and windy season together there are many travelers and few boats so get in sooner rather than later!! To give you an idea of the frequency of delays, in general we are delayed 2 – 6 times throughout the entire high season and delays in the past have been anywhere from 1-4 days. Cancellation: (This is extremely rare, however we have to have a policy) If the trip is cancelled due to weather before the trip we will refund your deposit. In the very unlikely event that the trip is cancelled during the trip and we have to return we will refund $80 per day for the days of the trip remaining and provide transport back to the start point. Once the trip has started there are NO REFUNDS If you decide to cancel/leave the trip, during the trip, because of a delay or any other reason there is no refund and you will need to pay for boat transport back to the start/end point. We will warn you before the trip of the likelihood of delay. If you’re worried about a flight after the trip it’s better to cancel and take another transportation.